We might have a house to live in come August 1. We have submitted a rental application for a little place in Basin, WY and are now waiting on the Landlord to send us a lease. We're renting pretty much sight unseen (besides some pictures that were taken during a remodel and Google Earth). We're guessing the place is at least OK since a former teacher from Greybull H.S. was the former tenant. We seem to be doing a lot of waiting and that is kind of freaking me out.
We have movers scheduled (using ABF). They are dropping off a 28' trailer on July 27 and will load all of our stuff onto it on July 28 and transport it to our new place, delivering August 3. Unfortunately, they don't have movers contracted in the area, so they will drop off the trailer for 3-7 days and we will unload it ourselves. I don't think this will be a huge issue. They supply dollies and ramps and there are only a few things that are quite heavy and a dolly should make the weight easier to bear.
Now that we have movers, I think our departure date will be Sunday, July 31. That should put us in Basin by August 1 or 2. Which incidentally, is right in the middle of the Big Horn County Fair! Yep - we have the county fairgrounds right down the road from our (hopefully) new place. Fortunately we will get there before the rodeo, the fair dance, the pig wrestling and the demolition derby, so we won't miss a thing. :) I actually WANT to see the rodeo and the demo derby...the pig wrestling might be entertaining too (although probably stinky). There is also a dress-a-pet contest. Maybe Titus could make his town debut. We've always wanted to dress him up as a banana.
Anyway, things seem to be sort of coming together. I have to try to sell a couple of things on Craigslist, otherwise we're going to need a storage unit (we might need that anyway). We have started packing; 10 rolls of packing tape purchased from Meijer. My fish are being adopted Sunday by two good friends; then I'll be able to dismantle the tank. The list of things to do is ENDLESS. I really need to start another list. The number of lists I have is growing exponentially every day. It's insane.
I have high hopes that my car will be ready by this afternoon/evening. Hopefully I can figure out a way to get it and drop off the rental AND get to PT. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I really miss my car!
I have 10 days until I am done with work (7.5 work days). My last week will be spent training my replacement and wrapping things up. I've sent out two resumes - one to Big Horn County and one to an attorney. I'm not holding out much hope of small town places hiring an "outsider". But it's worth a shot.
Everything is becoming more real. It kind of hit me as I was looking for pet friendly hotels in the Sioux Falls, SD area...leaving a place I have been since 1994/1995 and mike since 1996/1997. Almost half our lives have been spent in Ann Arbor. While the idea of change sounds really good, I had to admit to myself that change is more scary than exciting right now. As much as I think I'd like to be open to change, I'm realizing more and more that I really want to be settled. Routine comforts me. Uncertainty stresses me out. Hopefully once we get settled in all those feelings will go away. I know I am capable of adapting...it's just scary.
On that note, I will sign off so I can try to dig up my moving list from the LAST time we moved and start to amend that for a cross-country move. So many details!
No comments:
Post a Comment