Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The housing search is going terribly.  People either don't bother to answer their phones or return calls or there are no rentals available.  We have one lead at this point, but the owner has someone coming by on July 8 who may buy the house.  The house isn't perfect - it's a little small - but at this point, we really can't be overly picky.  It is newly remodeled, looks very nice, the Landlord is fine with our pets and the price is right.  Now we just have to hope this other person doesn't buy the house.  Ugh.  Might be time for a Realtor.

On another note, my car is repairable!  $10,000.00 worth of damage - yikes!  Thankful for insurance, though I'm pretty sure I will see my premiums go up even though I didn't cause the old lady to drive into me.  That part of insurance is just dumb.  Anyway, if the (all new) parts come in from Ohio, I will get my truck back much more quickly, but if they have to come from Cali, then I get to wait until about mid July.  That puts me right about when the insurance coverage for a rental expires.  So hopefully Ohio won't screw me.  But I don't expect much - Michigan and Ohio have never been overly cooperative.

The Thule arrived and it is massive.  I think Mike could actually lay down inside of it (which also means his skis will fit in it too).  I am not looking forward to mounting it to my truck, however.  It's "supposed" to be easy, but the instructions aren't exactly user friendly  - just a few unclear pictures and androgynous people making unclear gestures.  The sub-par instructions were INSIDE of the Thule, so we had no idea we were NOT supposed to unlock both sides to open it.  THAT mistake was a pain in the a$$ to recover from.

Oh, and further proof that things are looking up: I am cavity free for almost 35 years - even in all 4 of my wisdom teeth. :)  So yay for that.

Fingers crossed that this housing situation clears up SOON!

No comments:

Post a Comment